Hot Shower Camps with the Camplux AY132 5L 1.32 GPM Propane Tankless Water Heater!
If you ever thought it impossible to get hot water instantly, wherever you are, think again. Because, thanks to technological advancements, you can carry a tankless water heater and use it on demand.
But, portability is not all that these water heaters offer – these heaters promise immense energy savings of up to 34 percent in most cases and you also use less water. The result – reduced expenses and greener earth because of the reduced emissions. The best part is that we have one of the best of these portable tankless water heaters, the Camplux 5L Model AY132.
Wondering what makes the tankless water heaters superior to the traditional tank-type heaters? Well, the latter took up more storage space, and you also had to deal with the increased risk of leakages. Leaks are not only expensive to repair but also destructive because we often only learn about leaks when the energy bills increase or when the ceiling starts to stain. The disappointment is agonizing!
About the Camplux AY132
If you travel frequently and find yourself in places with limited hot water, don’t you think a tankless portable and gas-powered water heater should be on your list of travel essentials? Especially if you are like the rest of us and you cannot stand cold water?
This portable propane water heater is highly efficient in terms of the amount of energy they require. And, the 2D cell batteries power the heater making it ideal for use when there is no power.
But, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Keep reading to learn more about the defining features of this Camplux water heater.
- It’s a CSA-approved propane tankless water heater, and it has a provision for a 5ft propane gas pipe.
- Highly portable thanks to the small size and the low weight
- Good flow rate for a portable tankless gas water heater.
- It has a low-pressure startup because it only requires 2.5 PSIs. The pressure requirements increase the heater’s operational efficiency
- It doesn’t require electricity and all you need is 2D cell batteries to use it outdoors
- Easy to use
- Easy installation as it doesn’t require venting of walls like other gas-powered tankless water heaters. Hand the heater using the heater provided or install it on the wall, connect the gas cylinder with the regulator and hose, connect the shower hose and the shower head on the hot water outlet, insert the batteries, and enjoy your hot water instantly.
- Extra safety features and reliable controls.
- Switch on the shower head for control of water
- Costs more than other portable tankless heaters
- Potential gas leaks. You should be careful to place the gasket into the adapter.
- High altitude affects the heating efficiency. Therefore, it’s not appropriate for use in Northern USA.
What makes this Camplux 5L AY132 heater tick?
1. Low PSI – Often, water heaters, the tankless water heaters included, require a high flow rate (PSI) for the incoming water. However, Camplux defies reason. You only need 2.5 PSI in your incoming water. With this low water pressure, you can use the heater anywhere without having to worry about environmental or geographical constraints.
Even at this low PSI, the heater works well with the Camplux 12V 1.2 GPM water pump.
2. High energy output of 34,000 BTU per hour – At its minimum, it will raise the water temperature to 8 degrees Celsius or 46.4 degrees Fahrenheit while it reaches highs of 46 degrees Celsius or 114.8 degrees Fahrenheit. This wide temperature change makes it easy to use the heater in cold and warm climates, effortlessly. At the high temperatures, you could cautiously drink the water but only in an emergency.
3. Energy saving efficiency – By emitting 1.32 gallons of water per minute as a result of the inbuilt energy-saving technology, using this heater will save you money from water use and fuel. This efficiency is also the reason why this heater is an excellent fit for travelers.
4. Compact size – At 11.4 x 5.5 x 14.6 inches, this tankless water heater will let you enjoy the outdoors. It’s small, compact and easily foldable. Its folding handle enables you to set it up outdoors easily. It weighs 10.8 lbs making the lightest option among its competition.
5. Protective features – With its 20-minute automatic safety component, the flame failure component, the oxygen depletion safety shutoff system, and the anti-freezing protection systems, you don’t have to worry about accidents.
In case of short-circuiting and the development of a fire, the heater will shut down automatically. You can install it in a well-ventilated room because of the oxygen depletion protection system. Anti-freezing component makes the heater suitable for use in extreme climatic conditions.
6. Controls – Some of its controls include the Flame-mo Window and the gas, as well as the water flow controls. The controls are connected to the propane gas inlet, the water inlet, and the water outlet. These controls have a brass-finish and using the knobs; you get to control the heat and the flow rates. These controls should also take care of any safety concerns you may have.
It only has one control knob to control the water flow.
7. Steel burner and the tank – If you have been wondering about what makes the burner efficient, then you have the stainless steel burner to thank. It is corrosion resistant – a perfect fit for outdoors.
You also have the Tinning Cooper water tank which is corrosion resistant, heat resistant, and also effective in increasing the efficiency of the hot water output.
When using the tankless and portable water heater in areas without electricity, the 2D batteries come in handy.
Heating Capacity and the Output
This heater boasts a high operational efficiency since it has a low-pressure requirement of 2.5 PSI. The operation of the propane chamber requires 0.4 PSI, and the heater has a power output of 34000 BTU per hour. Taking these into consideration, as well as the fact that the heater comes with a12V water supply pumps, this heater is the best there is for any outdoor lovers. It has a flow rate of 1.32GPM.
Reliability and Warranty
The use of a brass regulator and a US-regulated water hose to control the use of the heater, its ease of installation, the compact design, and the high-power output of 34000 BTU per hour make this a reliable tankless water heater. The corrosion resistant design and material of the burner ensure the use of the heater in extreme climatic conditions.
Why choose Camplux 5L AY132?
Taking into account its portability, corrosion-resistant design, the low-pressure requirements, and the high-power output, as well as the 10.8 lbs weight, this heater beats most of the competition, and it will meet your needs easily.
Its regulators and the safety features make it remarkable. You might also like the competitive pricing. It’s also easy to install and use.